What is Live-in Care?
Live-in care is care offered around the clock (24 hours) for our seniors. Assistance is typically non-medical and ranges from support with ADLs, housecleaning and grocery shopping to bathing, dressing, and meal preparation.
Benefits of Live-in care
- Improved patient safety
- Regularexercise ambulation and help with ongoing therapy, such as those that might be considered “home instructions” from physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc.
- Improved nutrition through dietary management and meal preparation
- Improved medication management and reminders to take medication as prescribed
- Improved socialization, especially for elders that are isolated.
- Improved family involvement
- Decreases in stress and anxiety, especially around things like getting to and from a doctor’s appointment or to and from the grocery store.
Who Requires Live-In Care?
Seniors who require live-in care generally;
- Is recovering from a sickness or illness
- Has limited mobility
- Is isolated and withdrawn from others
- Is feeling overwhelmed taking care of themselves
- Lives far away from the family or friends who could lend a hand
Services offered during Live-In care are as
- Medication management
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Running errands
- Meal preparation and clean up
- Alzheimer’sand dementia care
- Assistance with pets
- Assistance with appointments
- Playing games
- Exercising—going on walks, to the gym, etc.
- Letter writing
- Bill paying